Uploader not working in Firefox, Chrome etc but is ok in IE7

  • malutanpetronel
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2009
      Hi

      As someone else described here... the uploader is not working in
      Firefox ! I am sure it worked before (2-3 weeks ago when I first used
      it but now is no longer reacting ! It looks like the php script for
      uploading files is never called ...:
    • malutanpetronel

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2009
          Sorry for multiple posts... it looks annoying. I press Tab at the end
          of a next pargraph in this trext editor but it jumps me out to the send
          button and than if I press Enter to go to the next row I send without
          beeing warned the message ...

          so let me continue :

          function upload() {
          if (fileList != null) {
          uploader.setSimUploadLimit(parseInt(document.getElementById
          ("simulUploads").value));
          uploader.uploadAll("<?php echo "upld.php";?>", "POST",
          {PHPSESSID: "<? echo session_id(); ?>"});

          I was talking about the fact that uploader never arrive to that script
          in upld.php in FIREFOX but it is ok in IE7

          PLEASE CHECK
        • malutanpetronel
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2009
            Could be that someone changed 2.6.0 js file and also the SWF... and
            thsi last change to swf is affecting me and maybe others ?
          • malutanpetronel
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 19, 2009
              Found the problem:
              YAHOO.widget.Uploader.SWFURL = "prog/imanager/uploader.swf";
              ..
              uploader.uploadAll("<?php echo "prog/uploadimage/upld.php
              As Alexandros said something about a strange side effect with the
              SWF... you'll need to use:
              uploader.uploadAll("<?php echo "../uploadimage/upld.php for FIrefox
              and CHROME

              Hope this help somebody else... now I'll run to modify my php to
              annalyse browsers... This was one of the main reasons I've choosed
              YUI- I hoped I will never had headackes anymore :)

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "malutanpetronel"
              <malutanpetronel@...> wrote:

              > Could be that someone changed 2.6.0 js file and also the SWF... and
              > thsi last change to swf is affecting me and maybe others ?

            • Allen Rabinovich
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
                What you are describing most likely has to do with differences in how Flash player deals
                with relative URLs in different browsers. We will investigate and make sure that in the
                subsequent versions of the Uploader, we take care of converting the URLs to proper form,
                to avoid cases like this.

                Thanks,
                Allen