YUI 2.7.0 has been released
The YUI team is pleased to announce that YUI 2.7.0 is now available for download.
The 2.7.0 release of the YUI Library introduces a new StyleSheet Utility to the library. StyleSheet provides a means to optimize the creation of a stylesheet or apply changes to existing stylesheets on the fly across multiple elements.
This release also includes bug fixes and enhancements throughout the library including:
• Charts: The Charts Control now provides support for rotated axis labels and titles, new series styles for more control over the color and alpha settings for series marker lines, borders and fills, as well as more accurate majorUnit and minorUnit calculations in TimeAxis.
• Dom: The Dom Collection now provides height and width properties in Region as well as new methods: getComputedStyle(), getElementBy(), setAttribute() and getAttribute().
• TreeView: The TreeView Control has received another significant update with the help of community member Satyam. Some of the changes in TreeView include improved node highlighting and selection as well as updates to focus and event handling.
• IE8 Support: There have been several changes made in the library to provide better compatibility with the new browser. Please note, at the time of the 2.7.0 release, IE8 is still a release candidate. Should any significant issues be found when IE8 is officially launched, we will work to post a timely YUI update.
• Bug Fixes: This update to YUI addresses more than 180 tickets filed by members of the community as defect reports or enhancement requests. A summary list has been attached to this email. Thanks to all for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, sample code to reproduce problems, and patch proposals.
The 2.7.0 release also marks the graduation of three more components out of "beta" status.
Please refer to the README files included with the components that you use in your development for the full details of the changes and bug fixes that were made, or to the README digest attached for a summary of all of the 2.7.0 changes.
on behalf of the YUI development team: Adam Moore, Dav Glass, Eric Miraglia, Jenny Han Donnelly, Luke Smith, Matt Sweeney, Nate Koechley, Satyen Desai, Thomas Sha, and Todd Kloots; and contributors: Allen Rabinovich, Caridy Patiño, Dwight "Tripp" Bridges, Gopal Venkatesan, Julien Lecomte, Matt Mlinac, Nicholas C. Zakas, Philip Tellis, and Satyam