Re: YAHOO.util.DragDrop.swapNode() implementation for non-IE browsers

  • Miles
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      I agree that this is a bug, and a fairly serious one. Your patch
      works for me also.

      Is there a place we should be reporting bugs besides this list?

      -miles

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "datibbaw" <tjerk.meesters@...>
      wrote:

      > The swapNode() implementation in the DragDrop module is:
      >
      > this.swapNode = function(n1, n2) {
      > if (n1.swapNode) {
      > n1.swapNode(n2);
      > } else {
      > // the node reference order for the swap is a little tricky.
      > var p = n2.parentNode;
      > var s = n2.nextSibling;
      > n1.parentNode.replaceChild(n2,n1);
      > p.insertBefore(n1,s);
      > }
      > };
      >
      > This works fine unless n1 and n2 are siblings (for instance when
      > there's no white-space between the two elements). The following patch
      > worked for me, but it's not too pretty:
      >
      > add the following lines before the replaceChild() calls:
      >
      > if (s==n1) {
      > s = p.insertBefore(document.createTextNode(''),n1)
      > }
      >
      > This will separate the two siblings by adding an empty text node
      > between the elements. I'd love to hear a better solution.
      >

      > Cheers,
      > Jack

    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Miles" <mcrawfor@...> wrote:

        > I agree that this is a bug, and a fairly serious one. Your patch
        > works for me also.
        >
        > Is there a place we should be reporting bugs besides this list?
        >
        > -miles

        Yes. Please report the bug at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/yui/
        as we use the SF tracker to monitor external reports.

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Miles
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
          > Is there a place we should be reporting bugs besides this list?

          I'm entering it into the sourceforge bug tracker.