Slider fixed limits

  • Leandro Ardissone
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm really new to YUI and want to know if is possible to set limits
      inside the background of the slider.

      Something like:

      |-+----[]--+---|

      where + are the limits, and [] the thumb.

      Then the thumb only can move between the +.

      Thanks
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
        Leandro,

        Your implementation is absolutely possible, but you do need to set up your slider to know about the limits.

        Let's say, for example, that your slider had a range of 100 and you wanted the thumb to always remain within a 25-75 range therein with a starting value of 50.

        #sliderbg {position:relative; width:110px;height:10px;border:1px solid blue;} /* width should be 100px, plus thumb width*/
        #sliderthumb {position:absolute;width:10px;height:10px;background-color:red; }

        <script>
        var mySlider = YAHOO.widget.Slider.getHorizSlider(
        "sliderbg",
        "sliderthumb",
        -25, /* thumb can move -25 pixels left from zero-point starting position -- eg, starts at left 25*/
        75  /* thumb can move 75 pixels right from starting position*/
        );
        mySlider.setValue(50, true); // sets starting value

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering