Re: [ydn-javascript] Combining YUI files

  • Matt Warden
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2006
      On 8/31/06, Michael Price <mike@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'm using quite a few functions of the YUI libraries which means a lot
      > of Javascript <script></script> tags in my documents - is there any harm
      > to be found in combining all the YUI JS into one big file, provided it's
      > done in the right order?

      We had to do this as well for performance reasons. Just concat the
      files in the correct order and you should be fine.

      --
      Matt Warden
      Cleveland, OH, USA

    • Willem Joosten
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Michael Price <mike@...> wrote:
        > I'm using quite a few functions of the YUI libraries which means a lot
        > of Javascript <script></script> tags in my documents - is there any
        > harm to be found in combining all the YUI JS into one big file,
        > provided it's done in the right order?

        This used to work fine but is broken in 0.12. If you combine the non
        mimified version of menu.js it will cause problems due to a missing
        line break at the end of the file.

        When I combine minified versions I get 'Reference error: YAHOO is not
        defined.' Probably a syntax error somewhere but Venkman is of no use
        with the single line minified version. Any ideas?

        Regards,
        Willem Joosten
      • Willem Joosten
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Willem Joosten" <willemj@...>
          wrote:

          > When I combine minified versions I get 'Reference error: YAHOO is not
          > defined.' Probably a syntax error somewhere but Venkman is of no use
          > with the single line minified version. Any ideas?

          Found the minified version of menu.js is not 'stable' in another post.
          Using the non-minified version combined with the other minified
          versions works fine.
        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
            This is indeed a known issue and will be fixed in the
            next release. Until then you can minify the full
            version yourself using JSMin:

            http://www.crockford.com/javascript/jsmin.html

            - Todd