closing one yahoo panel from another panel

  • agodbie007
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      hi, i hope someone can help me with this:

      i have two panels which open simultaneously when i click "open" button.

      the first panel is YAHOO panel, the second is custom built.

      what i need to do is, when i close the second panel, i want the YAHOO
      panel to close also automatically (not hide which i am currently able
      to do)- without pressing its close button..

      the problem is when i click "open" a second time, only the custom panel
      shows up, not the YAHOO one.. (i think this is happening because it is
      hidden rather than closed and doesnt initialize again)

      is there some way to force the panel to close or destroy via script
      rather than pressing the close button, so i can open it again when i
      click the "open" button?
    • agodbie007
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
        i got it !

        i was using document.getElementById("win").style.display="none"
        instead of
        YAHOO.foo.panel.hide();

        the latter closes the panel from where ever you call the line.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "agodbie007" <agodbie@...>