Re: Table row fade-in

  • Jack Slocum
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006

      I jsut did something similar in my documentation tool. The way I did it went something like this:

      First I added this class to my stylesheet:  height is 1px cause IE barfs on 0px
      tr.moveIn{visibility:hidden;height: 1px; }
      tr.moveIn td {overflow:hidden;}

      var el = document.createElement('tr');
      el.className = 'moveIn';
      ... // make your row and make sure you add it (using insertBefore or whatever) before doing whats below.

      var row = new YAHOO.ext.Actor(el, null, true); // null for no animator, true to capture now
      row.setHeight(24, true);
      row.show(true, .3);
      row.removeClass('moveIn');
      row.play();

      It turned out to be pretty easy. Let me know if you have any problems.