Re: [ydn-javascript] Sorting, performance issues

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2009
      Not much you can do about it, if you check your code in any browser but
      IE you will see an impressive improvement, actually, Firefox is my
      default browser and when I checked your application I wondered if you
      were some sort of speed maniac because it looked quite acceptable to
      me. Then I remembered, there is IE! You are right, it is pathetic on
      IE and no, there is not much you can do that the YUI team has not done
      already, IE simply sucks. The worst performance in IE is in
      manipulating the DOM. Probably doing the sorting itself takes not much
      longer in IE than it does in any other browser. But then, you have to
      display the results, which you can't avoid. The DataTable tries to
      reuse the Dom it has created as much as possible, but still...

      At least, you don't need to concern yourself much about the string
      search. The search itself probably won't be slow, displaying the
      results, though, might, and you can't do much about it.

      Satyam