Datatable: Difference in behaviour between IE and Firefox

  • koranthala
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
      Hi,
      I am facing a difference in behaviour between IE and firefox which
      I am unable to solve.

      My datatable has an inline editor functionality - but on double click.
      Now, If I tried Shift+Double-Click on a single cell, I found that
      getSelectedCells was returning 0, because of which some other part of
      my code was failing.
      To avoid that, I added onEventSelectCell also in my double click
      handler, before cell editor was invoked.

      Now, the problem started. In Firefox it is working perfectly. But
      in IE, I found that it is not working well. I took a debug trace and
      they are different for both - as follows:
      IE
      ---
      INFO 24328ms (+16) 9:57:28 PM:CellEditor instance yui-textareaceditor2
      CellEditor shown

      INFO 24312ms (+156) 9:57:28 PM:DataTable instance yui-dt0
      Unselected [object HTMLTableCellElement]

      INFO 24156ms (+1422) 9:57:28 PM:DataTable instance yui-dt0
      Selected [object HTMLTableCellElement]

      Firefox
      -------
      INFO 17356ms (+30) 9:58:28 PM:
      CellEditor instance yui-textareaceditor3
      CellEditor shown

      INFO 17326ms (+3) 9:58:28 PM:
      DataTable instance yui-dt0
      Selected [object HTMLTableCellElement]

      INFO 17323ms (+160) 9:58:28 PM:
      DataTable instance yui-dt0
      Unselected [object HTMLTableCellElement]

      INFO 17163ms (+1217) 9:58:28 PM:
      DataTable instance yui-dt0
      Selected [object HTMLTableCellElement]

      ****
      The code :
      var doubleClickHandler = function(oArgs) {
      this.onEventSelectCell(oArgs);
      this.onEventShowCellEditor(oArgs);
      };
      myDataTable.subscribe("cellDblclickEvent", doubleClickHandler);
      ***
      Basically, one extra selected is coming for Firefox than IE.
      Can anyone help me out on this?

      Regards
      Koran
    • Ross M. Greenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
        I'm trying to use the Simple Horizontal Slider included in the YUI library.  I note that the CSS used in the example lives remotely at Yahoo.  I'm interested in bringing the CSS on my local machine so I can futz with it.  What is the best means of doing that?

        What I'm interested in primarily is the ability to set up the sliders in a table format -- say 3 x 4 as an example -- with each slider being independent of each of the other sliders, and having a Submit Button that would allow the value of all the sliders to be sent to the target page (perhaps an Ajax-y type page)

        Help!

        Thank you!

        Ross