Table row fade-in

  • Michael Price
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
      Question two for today :)

      I've got a table of submissions to a chart, and I'm going to be setting
      up the submit form for the chart to be in a tab using Jack's awesome
      extensions. Once this form is submitted, I want the table row containing
      the new record to "push" the ones below it down, and then fade in to view.

      Badly drawn example coming up:

      ------------
      RECORD
      ------------
      RECORD
      ------------

      After new submission:
      ------------
      OLD RECORD
      ------------

      ------------
      OTHER RECORDS PUSHED DOWNWARDS
      ------------

      New record then fades into the space which has been pushed open.

      Is this possible?

      Regards,
      Michael Price
    • Andrzej Rumpfelt
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006

        http://digg.com/spy has something that's similar to your needs - try to follow their logic

        greetings,
        Andrzej Rumpfelt

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006

          I jsut did something similar in my documentation tool. The way I did it went something like this:

          First I added this class to my stylesheet:  height is 1px cause IE barfs on 0px
          tr.moveIn{visibility:hidden;height: 1px; }
          tr.moveIn td {overflow:hidden;}

          var el = document.createElement('tr');
          el.className = 'moveIn';
          ... // make your row and make sure you add it (using insertBefore or whatever) before doing whats below.

          var row = new YAHOO.ext.Actor(el, null, true); // null for no animator, true to capture now
          row.setHeight(24, true);
          row.show(true, .3);
          row.removeClass('moveIn');
          row.play();

          It turned out to be pretty easy. Let me know if you have any problems.