Does dump work in 2.6?

  • michaelsharman@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
      Hi guys,

      I'm using YUI 2.6 and don't have the option to upgrade to 3 at the moment.

      Is the dump() method available in 2.6? If so how do you use it?

      I've tried YAHOO.lang.dump(o) but that does nothing.

      Thanks
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
        On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 12:30:10AM -0000, michaelsharman@... wrote:
        > I'm using YUI 2.6 and don't have the option to upgrade to 3 at the moment.
        >
        > Is the dump() method available in 2.6? If so how do you use it?
        >
        > I've tried YAHOO.lang.dump(o) but that does nothing.

        Yes, dump is there. This function doesn't actually output the
        serialized object anywhere, so you probably need to do something with
        the return value... e.g., console.log(YAHOO.lang.dump(o));

        -Adam
      • michaelsharman@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Adam Moore <adamoore@...> wrote:

          > On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 12:30:10AM -0000, michaelsharman@... wrote:
          > > I'm using YUI 2.6 and don't have the option to upgrade to 3 at the
          moment.

          > > Is the dump() method available in 2.6? If so how do you use it?
          > >
          > > I've tried YAHOO.lang.dump(o) but that does nothing.
          >
          > Yes, dump is there. This function doesn't actually output the
          > serialized object anywhere, so you probably need to do something with
          > the return value... e.g., console.log(YAHOO.lang.dump(o));
          >
          > -Adam

          Ah brilliant, thanks Adam :)