RE: [ydn-javascript] Dialog: Submit vs Upload and Hitting Enter

  • Satyen Desai
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hi Hans,

      I don't see the behavior you refer to with the following example, which has a file input field, a text input field, a native HTML submit button and a YUI button labeled "Submit", which invokes Dialog's submit method:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/container/dlgUpload.html

      Hitting enter when the text input field has focus (which will result in a form submission on most browsers, for forms containing only 1 text input field), invokes the Upload callback handler. Clicking the native submit button, or the Dialog's submit button do the same.

      Dialog has code which will listen for anything causing a native form submission (such as hitting enter, or clicking a native HTML submit button) and route the form submission through it's configured postmethod (async XHR submission in the above case).

      If you can post a test page, we can take a look at it.

      Regards,
      Satyen