Re: No Tubes in Charts?

  • Dan Stickel
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
      Here you go (this all works fine when I serve the swf locally as you
      suggested):

      LH_ChartScoreObj.prototype.createChart = function LH_chartCreate(
      xmlDoc) {
      this.setColData( xmlDoc, false );
      this.dataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource( this.colData );
      this.dataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_JSARRAY;

      this.dataSource.responseSchema = { fields: [ "cat", "points" ] };
      var seriesDef =[
      {
      yField: "points",
      displayName: "Points",
      style: {
      image: "assets/tube.png",
      mode: "no-repeat",
      color: 0x3366CC, //0xc2d81e,
      size: 40
      ];
      YAHOO.widget.Chart.SWFURL =
      "http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build//charts/assets/charts.swf";
      this.yChart = new YAHOO.widget.ColumnChart( "points_chart",
      this.dataSource,
      {
      xField: "cat",
      series: seriesDef,
      wmode: "opaque", // So cal popup can be seen on top
      version: "9.0.115" // So can exist within form tag on IE
      }
      );
      }

      (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/charts/charts-skins_clean.html)
      > > still get

    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
        Hi Dan,

        It is best to serve your custom skins from your own site. The image
        used in the example is not supported and there is no guarantee that it
        will not change, be removed or move to another location. Due to the
        nature of the flash security model, the charts SWF served from
        yui.yahooapis.com will not be able to load the image from your site.
        The best solution is to serve the SWF and image from your site. You
        can continue to have the rest of the YUI framework served from
        yahooapis, just change the path of YAHOO.widget.Chart.SWFURL to your
        locally served copy of the SWF.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
          OK, that's what I had figured. Thanks for looking into this.