get DataSource field given DataTable value from same record

  • Adrian Nye
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      My XHRDataSource contains a pk (primary key) field, but that value is
      not in the column defs of the associated datatable. (I don't want to
      show it.)

      Is there a way of getting that pk given a value in a cell in the same
      row? If I could do this in the formatter function below, it would
      allow me to avoid encoding and sending info to the server that it
      already knows.

      var formatLink = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {

      //oData is complicated value in column 5.
      //want to find out pk of same row that is in DataSource
      //but not DataTable
      };

      Or if this is not easy, then can I have a column in the DataTable that
      is not shown at all?

      Thanks
    • Adrian Nye
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
        Well, that was easy, in the cell click handler it's just:

        var target = oArgs.target;
        var pk = this.getRecord(target);

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Nye" <adrian_nye@...>
        wrote:

        > My XHRDataSource contains a pk (primary key) field, but that value is
        > not in the column defs of the associated datatable. (I don't want to
        > show it.)
        >
        > Is there a way of getting that pk given a value in a cell in the same
        > row? If I could do this in the formatter function below, it would
        > allow me to avoid encoding and sending info to the server that it
        > already knows.
        >
        > var formatLink = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
        >
        > //oData is complicated value in column 5.
        > //want to find out pk of same row that is in DataSource
        > //but not DataTable
        > };
        >
        > Or if this is not easy, then can I have a column in the DataTable that
        > is not shown at all?
        >
        > Thanks

      • bretlevy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009