Re: Formatting decimals in DataTable

  • gregraven@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
      Satyam,

      I am dealing with numbers (not a string that contains numerals), and this option appears
      to be exactly what I need for the configuration I'm seeking. However, I don't understand
      where to plug this code in to get what I want.

      Would you have a link to an example. I'm still getting up to speed on YUI. I love it, but my
      grasp is still a bit tenuous.

      > You can declare the column to use the number formatter and use the
      > numberOptions:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#config_numberOpti
      ons

      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.util.Number.html
      >
      > The number has to be an actual number, not a string containing digits.
      > Use the number parser in the DataSource to make sure the received string
      > of digits is made into a number.
      >
      > Satyam
      >
      > gregraven@... wrote:
      > > I've looked at all the documentation, but I can't figure out how to force DataTable to
      > > display numbers as #.##. I have sortable tables and it looks better when the numerals
      are
      > > aligned, but the trailing zero is getting axed somewhere in the process (they are
      present in
      > > my data set).
      > >
      > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks.

      20:03:00

    • Brian McCullough
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
        On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 12:42:55AM -0000, gregraven@... wrote:
        > Brian,
        >
        > Yes, I have. But because I don't know how to do that, it's tough sledding.

        Sorry about that. Satyam's solution will get you there.

        What we are talking about is the Column Definitions, where you list each
        of your displayed columns, their field key name, and any other
        parameters you need, such as the Formatter.

        Brian
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009
          In the column definitions for the DataTable, you add to the definition
          of that particular column:
          {key:"whatever", ...., formatter:"number"},

          then you have two choices, either you use the column numberOptions or
          the generic DataTable numberOptions. If the first, after adding the
          formatter, you simply add:

          , numberOptions: { your spec here }

          if the global one, you specify it in the fourth argument to the
          constructor of the DataTable, along initialRequest, caption or any
          others you might be using.

          Satyam

        • gregraven@verizon.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009