How long do bugfixes generally take?

  • smpaley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
      Does anyone know how long I should expect to have to wait for a
      response on a bug report? I have two outstanding, one from December,
      one from a couple of weeks ago (and submitted small reproducible test
      cases w/ each one), and so far have heard absolutely nothing on either
      one. Is it just a matter of waiting my turn (and if so long, how long
      should I expect it to take?), or is there someone in particular I
      should be bugging?

      Thanks,
      Suzanne
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        The YUI team has moved the bug tracker to its own database, away from
        SourceForge. As it happened, they used an internal bug tracker, which
        is the one they kept updated and SourceForge for external requests.
        Keeping them in sync required manual intervention and that was often
        delayed being low priority compared to making the code available. It
        often happened that once a new release was out, the team had time to
        catch up with all this low priority work and if you had bugs reported,
        you would get updates for all of them at once. The new system is just
        one, you will see bugs being tracked as they are being fixed. Also, the
        source code repository is already on line and you can download the
        latest version as it is being checked in by the original developers.
        So, whatever were the standards up to now, will change from now on and
        any reply based on the old ways is already obsolete.

        Satyam