Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: How do I change the skinning of DataTable?

  • Nate Koechley
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hi,

      On Feb 2, 2009, at 2:15 PM, j2eeconsulting wrote:

      > The first thing I want to do, is change the color of the column
      > heading. Having a hard time figuring out how to do that with 2.6.
      > Thanks

      Of the text or of the background?

      In general, Firebug (http://www.getfirebug.com) is an indispensable
      tool for figuring out how specific your CSS selectors need to be to
      target and override certain things.

      Thanks,
      Nate
    • j2eeconsulting
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
        Right now just trying to change the background color of the table
        column heading :( Seems like it should be much easier than this.
      • gregraven@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
          I'm using the default colors for now, but I emboldened and centered the text by applying a
          rule to:

          .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt

          Hope this helps.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
            The biggest change that might be affecting you is that now the TD
            elements contain 'liner' elements which then contain the actual values.
            This was required because the resize and reordering handles required
            some space around the values to be able to grab the columns. Anyway,
            the presence of this further DIV, with its own classname in between the
            TD and the actual value messed up some of the styles, requiring a few
            changes in the selectors.

            Satyam