How do I change the skinning of DataTable?

  • j2eeconsulting
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
      It's been a while, I have worked with the YUI since 2.2.2

      I had a really nice css all set up the way i wanted it... upgraded to
      2.6 and wham, can't get it to do anything I want it to. Where do I start?
    • j2eeconsulting
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
        The first thing I want to do, is change the color of the column
        heading. Having a hard time figuring out how to do that with 2.6. Thanks
      • Nate Koechley
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009

          On Feb 2, 2009, at 2:15 PM, j2eeconsulting wrote:

          > The first thing I want to do, is change the color of the column
          > heading. Having a hard time figuring out how to do that with 2.6.
          > Thanks

          Of the text or of the background?

          In general, Firebug (http://www.getfirebug.com) is an indispensable
          tool for figuring out how specific your CSS selectors need to be to
          target and override certain things.

          Thanks,
          Nate
        • j2eeconsulting
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
            Right now just trying to change the background color of the table
            column heading :( Seems like it should be much easier than this.
          • gregraven@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
              I'm using the default colors for now, but I emboldened and centered the text by applying a
              rule to:

              .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt

              Hope this helps.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
                The biggest change that might be affecting you is that now the TD
                elements contain 'liner' elements which then contain the actual values.
                This was required because the resize and reordering handles required
                some space around the values to be able to grab the columns. Anyway,
                the presence of this further DIV, with its own classname in between the
                TD and the actual value messed up some of the styles, requiring a few
                changes in the selectors.

                Satyam