YUI Calendar not displaying

  • bob_hanson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
      I have a YUI Calendar that is plugged into a form. The form partial is
      used on 2 different pages in the site.

      The Create and Update

      so all the mark up is the same, and the partials never exist in the
      code at the same time. so there isnt any code collision issues.

      Inside the Create Form, the calendar works as it should

      in the Update Form, it doesnt

      When using firebug you can see the hidden div that is generated
      containing the calendar inside the Create Form, but not the Update Form.

      the only differences is the Update form lives inside a YUI Tab view..

      Does any one have any suggestions?

      Thank You
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        In general a Calendar inside a TabView should work fine - e.g: http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/calendar/calInTab.html.

        From your description it seems like you're missing the container in which you want the Calendar to be rendered (the tabView.addTab(...content: '<div id="calendar"></div>'...) line in the above example).

        The Calendar's outer DIV, the id of which you provide as an argument to the Calendar's constructor, needs to be on the page when you invoke the constructor. Are you maybe invoking the Calendar's constructor before the DIV in which you want it to be rendered is added to the page (you should normally see an error in this case, unless it's being swallowed).

        Hope that helps,
        Satyen