Re: Customizing the First Row

  • jonathanx37
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
      I don't think this will work through server side pagination when I
      click for next results.

      What would be the pseudo-code for going about it in the method i
      mentioned above in a doBeforeCallBack fashion?

      > It might be easier if you listen to initEvent and use addRow to insert
      > the row wherever you want it.
      >
      > myDataTable.on('initEvent',function() {
      > this.addRow({ /* object containing initial values for each field */
      > },0);
      > });
      >
      > Satyam
      >

      > jonathanx37 wrote:
      > > I would like to customize the first row with my own data.
      > >
      > > Basically, datasource retrieves the info remotely, I would like to use
      > > doBeforeCallback or doBeforeParseData to insert a row at index 0.
      > >
      > > How should I go about it?

      01/31/09 20:03:00

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
        The built-in doBeforeCallback simply returns its third argument
        untouched. That argument is an object containing, hopefully, a
        'results' property which will have an array of objects with your data,
        otherwise it will have an 'error' property. You can freely change the
        'results' array, adding records, if you want, or modifying them in any
        way you want. Whatever you return will be what the DataTable gets.

        I am not sure how you would have to manipulate the meta-data, specially
        the number of records received and the total number of records. You
        would also need to ask the server for one record less so that you can
        add your own to its response and still make the right number. I'm not
        that good with the paginator as to suggest you an alternative (if you
        had mentioned you were using the paginator, I wouldn't have replied),
        but it seems to me that going all the way to the DataSource is a little
        too much. I would try to investigate alternatives at the DataTable
        level, checking other events that might trigger when you change pages
        and adding a row then. renderEvent triggers for any refresh of the UI,
        including sorting per column, which might be too much. dataReturnEvent
        might also serve.

        Satyam

        jonathanx37 wrote:
        > I don't think this will work through server side pagination when I
        > click for next results.
        >
        > What would be the pseudo-code for going about it in the method i
        > mentioned above in a doBeforeCallBack fashion?

        >> It might be easier if you listen to initEvent and use addRow to insert
        >> the row wherever you want it.
        >>
        >> myDataTable.on('initEvent',function() {
        >> this.addRow({ /* object containing initial values for each field */
        >> },0);
        >> });
        >>
        >> Satyam
        >>

        >> jonathanx37 wrote:
        >>
        >>> I would like to customize the first row with my own data.
        >>>
        >>> Basically, datasource retrieves the info remotely, I would like to use
        >>> doBeforeCallback or doBeforeParseData to insert a row at index 0.
        >>>
        >>> How should I go about it?

        > 01/31/09 20:03:00

      • jonathanx37
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
          I see.

          how would you go about having to disable all rows inline cell editing
          and only allow the first one to have inline cell editing?

          > The built-in doBeforeCallback simply returns its third argument
          > untouched. That argument is an object containing, hopefully, a
          > 'results' property which will have an array of objects with your data,
          > otherwise it will have an 'error' property. You can freely change the
          > 'results' array, adding records, if you want, or modifying them in any
          > way you want. Whatever you return will be what the DataTable gets.
          >
          > I am not sure how you would have to manipulate the meta-data, specially
          > the number of records received and the total number of records. You
          > would also need to ask the server for one record less so that you can
          > add your own to its response and still make the right number. I'm not
          > that good with the paginator as to suggest you an alternative (if you
          > had mentioned you were using the paginator, I wouldn't have replied),
          > but it seems to me that going all the way to the DataSource is a little
          > too much. I would try to investigate alternatives at the DataTable
          > level, checking other events that might trigger when you change pages
          > and adding a row then. renderEvent triggers for any refresh of the UI,
          > including sorting per column, which might be too much. dataReturnEvent
          > might also serve.
          >
          > Satyam
          >

          > jonathanx37 wrote:
          > > I don't think this will work through server side pagination when I
          > > click for next results.
          > >
          > > What would be the pseudo-code for going about it in the method i
          > > mentioned above in a doBeforeCallBack fashion?
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
          > >
          > >> It might be easier if you listen to initEvent and use addRow to
          insert
          > >> the row wherever you want it.
          > >>
          > >> myDataTable.on('initEvent',function() {
          > >> this.addRow({ /* object containing initial values for each
          field */
          > >> },0);
          > >> });
          > >>
          > >> Satyam

          > > 01/31/09 20:03:00

          01/31/09 20:03:00

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
            To enable editing you have to attach the method that triggers the editor
            to some event, such as:

            myDataTable.on('clickEvent',myDataTable.onEventShowCellEditor);

            Instead of plugging it straight through, you might do it conditionally:

            myDataTable.on('clickEvent',function(oArgs) {
            if (whatever) {
            this.onEventShowCellEditor(oArgs);
            }
            });

            Satyam

          • jonathanx37
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
              ok would it be possible to call an event to add a row
              like you suggested 'initEvent' but at a moment after the paginator is
              called?

              I tried adding a row with doBeforeCallBack except im having too many
              problems with server-side pagination.

              I'm looking for a simpler method. Is their anything available for this?

              > To enable editing you have to attach the method that triggers the
              editor
              > to some event, such as:
              >
              > myDataTable.on('clickEvent',myDataTable.onEventShowCellEditor);
              >
              > Instead of plugging it straight through, you might do it conditionally:
              >
              > myDataTable.on('clickEvent',function(oArgs) {
              > if (whatever) {
              > this.onEventShowCellEditor(oArgs);
              > }
              > });
              >
              > Satyam
              >

              > jonathanx37 wrote:
              > > I see.
              > >
              > > how would you go about having to disable all rows inline cell editing
              > > and only allow the first one to have inline cell editing?
              > >

              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
              > >
              > >> The built-in doBeforeCallback simply returns its third argument
              > >> untouched. That argument is an object containing, hopefully, a
              > >> 'results' property which will have an array of objects with your
              data,
              > >> otherwise it will have an 'error' property. You can freely
              change the
              > >> 'results' array, adding records, if you want, or modifying them
              in any
              > >> way you want. Whatever you return will be what the DataTable gets.
              > >>
              > >> I am not sure how you would have to manipulate the meta-data,
              specially
              > >> the number of records received and the total number of records. You
              > >> would also need to ask the server for one record less so that you
              can
              > >> add your own to its response and still make the right number.
              I'm not
              > >> that good with the paginator as to suggest you an alternative (if
              you
              > >> had mentioned you were using the paginator, I wouldn't have
              replied),
              > >> but it seems to me that going all the way to the DataSource is a
              little
              > >> too much. I would try to investigate alternatives at the DataTable
              > >> level, checking other events that might trigger when you change
              pages
              > >> and adding a row then. renderEvent triggers for any refresh of
              the UI,
              > >> including sorting per column, which might be too much.
              dataReturnEvent
              > >> might also serve.
              > >>
              > >> Satyam

              > > insert

              > > field */

              > > to use

              > > 01/31/09 20:03:00

              02/02/09 07:51:00

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
                I don't know the sequence of events when the DataTable is paginated.
                You should put alerts or calls to the logger in each and try out which
                of them works out for you.

                Satyam

              • jonathanx37
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009
                  Would their be a way to add data to the datatable after it
                  initializes? Not on an init or a datareturn but something like an
                  after return if that even exist?

                  this way i can insert a row without interfering with the paginator.

                  so it can show 1 blank record and 3 records instead of 1 blank record
                  and 2 records (as its doing now)

                  > I don't know the sequence of events when the DataTable is paginated.
                  > You should put alerts or calls to the logger in each and try out which
                  > of them works out for you.
                  >
                  > Satyam
                  >
                  > jonathanx37 wrote:
                  > > ok would it be possible to call an event to add a row
                  > > like you suggested 'initEvent' but at a moment after the paginator is
                  > > called?
                  > >
                  > > I tried adding a row with doBeforeCallBack except im having too many
                  > > problems with server-side pagination.
                  > >
                  > > I'm looking for a simpler method. Is their anything available for
                  this?

                  > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> To enable editing you have to attach the method that triggers the
                  > >>
                  > > editor
                  > >
                  > >> to some event, such as:
                  > >>
                  > >> myDataTable.on('clickEvent',myDataTable.onEventShowCellEditor);
                  > >>
                  > >> Instead of plugging it straight through, you might do it
                  conditionally:

                  > >> myDataTable.on('clickEvent',function(oArgs) {
                  > >> if (whatever) {
                  > >> this.onEventShowCellEditor(oArgs);
                  > >> }
                  > >> });