add title tag to multiple days

  • Henrik Gemal
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
      I have a calendar where only a specific date range is enabled. So help
      users understand this I need to add a title tag to all the other dates
      which are not enabled.

      Can this be done?

      So if the user hovers on a date that's NOT enabled I show a title tag
      like "This date is disables due to...."

      ?
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        See if the following helps: http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/calendar/oobtitles.html

        The example over-rides the default renderOutOfBoundsDate renderer method to add the title, and the default clearElement method to remove it prior to rendering the next cell.

        You could add the title without over-riding the default renderer also, by adding a custom renderer to the render stack (which also gets a reference to the cell being rendered, so you could add a title). However assuming you're using the min/max property to disable the other dates, and have more disabled dates than enabled dates, it's more efficient to over-ride the default impl than to add a custom renderer for each day you want disabled.

        Regards,
        Satyen