Re: [ydn-javascript] Patch for YUI treeview to add editComplete event

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
      Steve:

      Could you file a feature request?

      http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/newticket

      Having an event to signal the edit is a great idea, I'm sorry there is
      no time to get it into the 2.7 release which is about to come out. I
      just want to make sure the suggestion doesn't fall through the cracks
      and fails to make it for the next release.

      Thanks

      Satyam

      Steven Hartland wrote:
      > When using the nice editor that's built in to the treeview
      > I need to determine when the name had changed to update
      > other UI elements, so I created a very simple patch which
      > fires a new custom event editComplete passing to subscribers
      > the effected node and if save / cancel was called.
      >
      > This may well be helpful for others and would be good to
      > get in the main code base too.
      >
      > N.B. Patch is against v2.6.0.
      >
      > Regards
      > Steve

      > This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.
      >
      > In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please telephone +44 845 868 1337
      > or return the E.mail to postmaster@....

    • malutanpetronel
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009
        Hi Steve

        I was looking at this post and I;ve thiught you posted a patch but looks I have no access to it ! I want to be able to save the node label and I've thought I would be able to use something similar with what i use for datatable:

        tree.subscribe("dblClickEvent", tree.onEventEditNode);
        tree.subscribe("editorSaveEvent", myNodeNameSave);
        var myNodeNameSave = function(oArgs) {
        alert("123");
        }

        but the alert never comes up ! eeditor is showing ! i presss save and than I suppose i should arrive to that alert but no ! can you send me th4 patch ! (hope will help me)

        With kind regards

        Petronel
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009
          There is no editorSaveEvent in the 2.7.0b release, but the feature
          request has been implemented and is already available for download from
          Github

          Satyam

          malutanpetronel escribió:
          > Hi Steve
          >
          > I was looking at this post and I;ve thiught you posted a patch but looks I have no access to it ! I want to be able to save the node label and I've thought I would be able to use something similar with what i use for datatable:
          >
          > tree.subscribe("dblClickEvent", tree.onEventEditNode);
          > tree.subscribe("editorSaveEvent", myNodeNameSave);
          > var myNodeNameSave = function(oArgs) {
          > alert("123");
          > }
          >
          > but the alert never comes up ! eeditor is showing ! i presss save and than I suppose i should arrive to that alert but no ! can you send me th4 patch ! (hope will help me)
          >
          > With kind regards
          >
          > Petronel

        • malutanpetronel
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 27, 2009
            Dear Satyam

            Can you please tell me hwo to find it there ?

            http://github.com/search?type=Everything&language=&q=treeview+node.edit&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1

            returned not very interesting results for me !

            With kind regards

            Petronel
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 27, 2009
              http://github.com/yui/yui2/tree/master

              Then go down on the /build branch to locate the treeview files. You can
              download it from there. Don't save the URL to that particular copy
              since the long chain of digits and letters will change with each patch
              added, start with the URL for the root, the one above, and then go down
              to whichever is the most recent patch at that moment.

              Satyam

              malutanpetronel escribió:
              > Dear Satyam
              >
              > Can you please tell me hwo to find it there ?
              >
              > http://github.com/search?type=Everything&language=&q=treeview+node.edit&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1
              >
              > returned not very interesting results for me !
              >
              > With kind regards
              >
              > Petronel

            • malutanpetronel
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
                Hi ! I've saved one of the latest build locally but I want to say that github not working in IE8. Is presenting some Javascript errors and you can't download anything there.