Dialog contents modify dynamically.

  • SAM_CHER
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009
      Is there any way to modify the contents of a dialog box dynamically
      such as the contents of drop down list.

      I have a datatable and there is a link on that data table that when
      the user click a dialog box which contains a tab view is displayed.
      Based on the link clicked some of the contents in the dialog box has
      to be changed.

      How to do this?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
        On the Dialog side, you can see the contents of the form and modify it
        through the form property. On the DataTable, you can listen to the
        linkClickEvent:

        myDataTable.on('linkClickEvent',function (oArgs) {
        YAHOO.util.Event.stopEvent(oArgs.event);
        var link = oArgs.target;
        var record = this.getRecord(link);

        });

        So, either through the attributes of the link element or through the
        values that you can read via getData from the record object, you can
        access the form on the dialog box and change whatever you want. Make
        sure to call Event.stopEvent to prevent the link from actually
        navigating anywhere.

        Satyam