Patch for YUI treeview to add editComplete event

  • Steven Hartland
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
      When using the nice editor that's built in to the treeview
      I need to determine when the name had changed to update
      other UI elements, so I created a very simple patch which
      fires a new custom event editComplete passing to subscribers
      the effected node and if save / cancel was called.

      This may well be helpful for others and would be good to
      get in the main code base too.

      N.B. Patch is against v2.6.0.

      Regards
      Steve

      or return the E.mail to postmaster@....
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
        Steve:

        Could you file a feature request?

        http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/newticket

        Having an event to signal the edit is a great idea, I'm sorry there is
        no time to get it into the 2.7 release which is about to come out. I
        just want to make sure the suggestion doesn't fall through the cracks
        and fails to make it for the next release.

        Thanks

        Satyam

        Steven Hartland wrote:
        > When using the nice editor that's built in to the treeview
        > I need to determine when the name had changed to update
        > other UI elements, so I created a very simple patch which
        > fires a new custom event editComplete passing to subscribers
        > the effected node and if save / cancel was called.
        >
        > This may well be helpful for others and would be good to
        > get in the main code base too.
        >
        > N.B. Patch is against v2.6.0.
        >
        > Regards
        > Steve

        > This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.
        >
        > In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please telephone +44 845 868 1337
        > or return the E.mail to postmaster@....

      • malutanpetronel
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009
          Hi Steve

          I was looking at this post and I;ve thiught you posted a patch but looks I have no access to it ! I want to be able to save the node label and I've thought I would be able to use something similar with what i use for datatable:

          tree.subscribe("dblClickEvent", tree.onEventEditNode);
          tree.subscribe("editorSaveEvent", myNodeNameSave);
          var myNodeNameSave = function(oArgs) {
          alert("123");
          }

          but the alert never comes up ! eeditor is showing ! i presss save and than I suppose i should arrive to that alert but no ! can you send me th4 patch ! (hope will help me)

          With kind regards

          Petronel
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009
            There is no editorSaveEvent in the 2.7.0b release, but the feature
            request has been implemented and is already available for download from
            Github

            Satyam

            malutanpetronel escribió:
            > Hi Steve
            >
            > I was looking at this post and I;ve thiught you posted a patch but looks I have no access to it ! I want to be able to save the node label and I've thought I would be able to use something similar with what i use for datatable:
            >
            > tree.subscribe("dblClickEvent", tree.onEventEditNode);
            > tree.subscribe("editorSaveEvent", myNodeNameSave);
            > var myNodeNameSave = function(oArgs) {
            > alert("123");
            > }
            >
            > but the alert never comes up ! eeditor is showing ! i presss save and than I suppose i should arrive to that alert but no ! can you send me th4 patch ! (hope will help me)
            >
            > With kind regards
            >
            > Petronel

          • malutanpetronel
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 27, 2009
              Dear Satyam

              Can you please tell me hwo to find it there ?

              http://github.com/search?type=Everything&language=&q=treeview+node.edit&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1

              returned not very interesting results for me !

              With kind regards

              Petronel
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 27, 2009
                http://github.com/yui/yui2/tree/master

                Then go down on the /build branch to locate the treeview files. You can
                download it from there. Don't save the URL to that particular copy
                since the long chain of digits and letters will change with each patch
                added, start with the URL for the root, the one above, and then go down
                to whichever is the most recent patch at that moment.

                Satyam

                malutanpetronel escribió:
                > Dear Satyam
                >
                > Can you please tell me hwo to find it there ?
                >
                > http://github.com/search?type=Everything&language=&q=treeview+node.edit&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1
                >
                > returned not very interesting results for me !
                >
                > With kind regards
                >
                > Petronel

              • malutanpetronel
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1 3:37 AM
                  Hi ! I've saved one of the latest build locally but I want to say that github not working in IE8. Is presenting some Javascript errors and you can't download anything there.