Re: [ydn-javascript] Remove/Disable SimpleDialog once they click 'Yes'

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
      Lee,

      Add this to your handleYes function:

      YAHOO.util.Event.removeListener("show", "click", YAHOO.example.container.simpledialog1.show);

      For the example with this modification:

      -Eric

      On Jan 30, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Lee.M wrote:

      With the example here:

      http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/examples/ container/ simpledialog- quickstart_ clean.html

      What would need done in 'handleYes' to make it so that when they click
      'Yes' once the dialog does not happen anymore?

      This is the example's function:

      var handleYes = function() {
      alert("You clicked yes!");
      this.hide();
      };

      something like this pseudo example:
      var handleYes = function() {

      my_disable_button( 'show');
      this.stop_doing_ this_dialog_ because_they_ said_yes_ already() ;
      this.hide
      };

      TIA!

      --
      Lee.M

    • Lee.M
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
        perfect, thanks Eric!

        I'm trying to use this on a text input that is disabled at first (IE disabled="disabled") once they click on the text field I want the simple dialog to ask if they are sure they want to change this value, when they say 'Yes' I  reenable the input in the handleYes function (and removeListener("show"))

        The problem is that if the input is disabled the event never happens, no dialog :(

        Is there a way to have the simple dialog happen when you click on the text input area of a disabled text input?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
          Lee,

          It's possible that what you want is something like this:

          Keep in mind that the field is not really disabled -- you're just messaging the user before they use the field.  In this implementation, a user without JavaScript would be able to enter text in that field without the message.

          -Eric

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
            That's a good idea, I think I'll go that route thanks!

            I was thinking I'd do

               context: ["id","tl","tl"],

            to make it position itself over the text area but that doesn't seem to work, but it'll do for now