Remove/Disable SimpleDialog once they click 'Yes'

  • Lee.M
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
      With the example here:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/simpledialog-quickstart_clean.html

      What would need done in 'handleYes' to make it so that when they click
      'Yes' once the dialog does not happen anymore?

      This is the example's function:

      var handleYes = function() {
      alert("You clicked yes!");
      this.hide();
      };

      something like this pseudo example:
      var handleYes = function() {

      my_disable_button('show');
      this.stop_doing_this_dialog_because_they_said_yes_already();
      this.hide
      };

      TIA!

      --
      Lee.M
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
        Lee,

        Add this to your handleYes function:

        YAHOO.util.Event.removeListener("show", "click", YAHOO.example.container.simpledialog1.show);

        For the example with this modification:

        -Eric

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
          perfect, thanks Eric!

          I'm trying to use this on a text input that is disabled at first (IE disabled="disabled") once they click on the text field I want the simple dialog to ask if they are sure they want to change this value, when they say 'Yes' I  reenable the input in the handleYes function (and removeListener("show"))

          The problem is that if the input is disabled the event never happens, no dialog :(

          Is there a way to have the simple dialog happen when you click on the text input area of a disabled text input?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
            Lee,

            It's possible that what you want is something like this:

            Keep in mind that the field is not really disabled -- you're just messaging the user before they use the field.  In this implementation, a user without JavaScript would be able to enter text in that field without the message.

            -Eric

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
              That's a good idea, I think I'll go that route thanks!

              I was thinking I'd do

                 context: ["id","tl","tl"],

              to make it position itself over the text area but that doesn't seem to work, but it'll do for now