Rendering flex in wmode=window causes menus/panels to be hidden behind it.

  • aniad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2009
      We are using layout manager. Inside the layout there is a menu, which
      can create dialogs via panels. In one of the layout's panes we have a
      flex widget.

      If the flex is rendered with wmode="opaque", then the menu and panels
      can render fine allowing them to overlap (be on top of) the flex
      widget. However, as a consequence of doing wmode="opaque" on some
      browsers, Firefox being one of them, the flex will not initialize if
      the browser is hidden or its tab not visible.

      If the flex is rendered with wmode="window" (the preferred mode), then
      the flex will properly initialize/instantiate regardless of the window
      being visible or not, HOWEVER the menu when dropped gets hidden behind
      the flex, instead of allowing itself to drop on top of the flex.
      Also, any panel will be hidden behind the flex widget (as if flex had
      a greater/greatest z-order).

      Is there any way to have the menus and panels render on top of a flex
      widget which is displayed in wmode="window"??

      Thank you,
      Ania.