BUGS with drag and drop in YUI

  • strikevin01
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am trying to have development by using the drag and drop functions in
      YUI. But after I studied for a period of time, I found that there is a
      bug in YUI.

      The problem is that when the browser is not large enough to see all the
      drag drop components, that is, the horizontal scrollbar appears, and
      the page still showing the toppest components. When we try to scroll
      the scrollbar completely to the most right, and then try to drag the
      components again, it fails, I can only select the text inside the
      components but without no dragging effects.

      Does anyone know why this problem appears?

      Best Regards,

      Kevin
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
        On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 01:13:18PM -0000, strikevin01 wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am trying to have development by using the drag and drop functions in
        > YUI. But after I studied for a period of time, I found that there is a
        > bug in YUI.
        >
        > The problem is that when the browser is not large enough to see all the
        > drag drop components, that is, the horizontal scrollbar appears, and
        > the page still showing the toppest components. When we try to scroll
        > the scrollbar completely to the most right, and then try to drag the
        > components again, it fails, I can only select the text inside the
        > components but without no dragging effects.
        >
        > Does anyone know why this problem appears?

        Kevin, thanks for the report. This is a bug that is specific to Internet
        Explorer when the page is scrolled to the right but not down. This will
        be fixed in the next release. To work around the problem until then, change
        the following line in event.js:

        if (dd && dd.scrollTop) {

        if (dd && (dd.scrollTop || dd.scrollLeft)) {

        -Adam
      • strikevin01
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
          Hi Adam,

          Thanks for your help!! This is really very useful for me because I
          have been frustrated by this problem for quite a long period of time.

          Thanks.

          Best Regards,
          Kevin

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Adam Moore <adamoore@...>