YUI Calendar - select dates from previous/next months?

  • C.Everson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2009
      Hello,

      Is there a way to enable the dates that are shown as grayed out from the
      previous/next months?

      Example: When using the YUI calendar to view January 2009, the first week
      also shows Dec 28-31, 2008 (disabled) to complete the row for the first
      week.

      I want to be able to enable the disabled cells and interact (click) with
      them.

      I know I could have two calendars (if this was small format), but in this
      case I am working with a larger calendar to show events (only one will fit
      a page).

      I tried setting mindate like this:

      YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.cfg.setProperty( "mindate", "12/28/2008" );

      ...but that did not work.

      Thanks for any suggestions!

      Chuck
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009

        Sorry about the delayed response. If you’re still looking for a solution for this, here’s an example:

        http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/calendar/oomSelectable.html

        It over-rides the default renderer for out-of-month cells, to mark them as selectable [you can change the style applied as per your needs].

        Regards,

        Satyen

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
          On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:58:22 -0800, Satyen Desai wrote:

          > Sorry about the delayed response. If you're still looking for a solution
          > for this, here's an example:
          >
          > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/calendar/oomSelectable.html
          >
          > It over-rides the default renderer for out-of-month cells, to mark them
          > as selectable [you can change the style applied as per your needs].

          Hi Satyen,

          Thanks for the example.

          I think that should give me what I need to get this working.

          Chuck