Datatable Performance in IE

  • Kevin Fish
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009

      Hi all,

      I have a YUI datatable in IE that is really small: 15 rows x 8 columns.  I built it the same way the YUI example code is written, however, both the example code and my own code is causing the CPU to run at ~25% when I load the page in IE7 and let it sit there idle.  This does *not* happen in Firefox.

      Here are my configs (abbreviated a bit to save space):

      sortedBy:{key:"lastname", dir:"asc"}

      scrollable:true

      draggableColumns:false

      selectionMode:"single"

      YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoverEvent", YAHOO...onEventHighlightRow);

      YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoutEvent", YAHOO...onEventUnhighlightRow);

      YAHOO...subscribe("rowClickEvent", YAHOO...onEventSelectRow);

      YAHOO...subscribe("rowDblclickEvent", function(ev){openRecordDblClick();});

      Has anyone had this issue of a datatable instance hogging the CPU?

      Cheers,

      Kevin

    • kfish_22
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
        I meant to mention that I have tried turning off the row highlighting
        event listeners and that did not change the performance at all.

        -Kevin

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Fish" <kevin_fish@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >

        > I have a YUI datatable in IE that is really small: 15 rows x 8
        columns. I
        > built it the same way the YUI example code is written, however,
        both the
        > example code and my own code is causing the CPU to run at ~25% when
        I load
        > the page in IE7 and let it sit there idle. This does *not* happen
        in
        > Firefox.
        >

        > Here are my configs (abbreviated a bit to save space):
        >

        > sortedBy:{key:"lastname", dir:"asc"}
        >
        > scrollable:true
        >
        > draggableColumns:false
        >
        > selectionMode:"single"
        >

        > YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoverEvent", YAHOO...onEventHighlightRow);
        >
        > YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoutEvent",
        YAHOO...onEventUnhighlightRow);

        > YAHOO...subscribe("rowClickEvent", YAHOO...onEventSelectRow);
        >
        > YAHOO...subscribe("rowDblclickEvent", function(ev)
        {openRecordDblClick();});

        > Has anyone had this issue of a datatable instance hogging the CPU?
        >

        > Cheers,
        >
        > Kevin

      • kfish_22
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
          Bump...

          Any ideas?!!? This is driving me nuts!

          wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >

          > I have a YUI datatable in IE that is really small: 15 rows x 8
          columns. I
          > built it the same way the YUI example code is written, however,
          both the
          > example code and my own code is causing the CPU to run at ~25% when
          I load
          > the page in IE7 and let it sit there idle. This does *not* happen
          in
          > Firefox.
          >

          > Here are my configs (abbreviated a bit to save space):
          >

          > sortedBy:{key:"lastname", dir:"asc"}
          >
          > scrollable:true
          >
          > draggableColumns:false
          >
          > selectionMode:"single"
          >

          > YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoverEvent", YAHOO...onEventHighlightRow);
          >
          > YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoutEvent",
          YAHOO...onEventUnhighlightRow);

          > YAHOO...subscribe("rowClickEvent", YAHOO...onEventSelectRow);
          >
          > YAHOO...subscribe("rowDblclickEvent", function(ev)
          {openRecordDblClick();});

          > Has anyone had this issue of a datatable instance hogging the CPU?
          >

          > Cheers,
          >
          > Kevin

        • Frank Dietrich
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
            But that's the way it is. IE is really bad on this because it renders the table uppon build over and over again. It's a problem with the DOM nodes as they are added one by one (as I assume), each time causing IE to render. FF is much better on that.

            >> I have a YUI datatable in IE that is really small: 15 rows x 8
            >columns. I
            >> built it the same way the YUI example code is written, however,
            >both the
            >> example code and my own code is causing the CPU to run at ~25% when
            >I load
            >> the page in IE7 and let it sit there idle. This does *not* happen
            >in
            >> Firefox.
            >>

            >> Here are my configs (abbreviated a bit to save space):
            >>

            >> sortedBy:{key:"lastname", dir:"asc"}
            >>
            >> scrollable:true
            >>
            >> draggableColumns:false
            >>
            >> selectionMode:"single"
            >>

            >> YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoverEvent", YAHOO...onEventHighlightRow);
            >>
            >> YAHOO...subscribe("rowMouseoutEvent",
            >YAHOO...onEventUnhighlightRow);
            >>
            >> YAHOO...subscribe("rowClickEvent", YAHOO...onEventSelectRow);
            >>
            >> YAHOO...subscribe("rowDblclickEvent", function(ev)
            >{openRecordDblClick();});
            >>

            >> Has anyone had this issue of a datatable instance hogging the CPU?
            >>

            >> Cheers,
            >>
            >> Kevin

          • Andrés Reyes Douglas
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009