Re: [ydn-javascript] Calendar as a submenu

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2006
      Marcello -

      You are experiencing this problem because the
      propagation of all of a Menu instance's DOM events is
      stopped at the menu's root DIV node to prevent the
      event(s) from bubbling up and affecting parent
      instances. Therefore, Menu's call to
      "stopPropagation" is preventing the event from
      bubbling to the Calendar code.

      As of today a new version of Menu is available
      (0.11.3) that should solve this issue for you. Give
      it a go and let me know if you are still having
      problems.

      - Todd

      --- Marcello Liagi Antolino
      <marcello.antolino@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks, sorry if this issue was here at the forum
      > before.
      >
      > I'm building a table which header columns have
      > context menus (one menu
      > for each column). For the context menus I'm using
      > YUI.
      >
      > In these context menus I'll enable users to select a
      > data to work as a
      > filter for the data in the table. The context menu
      > looks like this:
      >
      > - Sort Ascending
      > - Sort Descending
      > - Enlarge
      > - Shrink
      > - Set filter : <filter submenu>
      >
      > For columns that are from enumerated values I'm
      > currently using a
      > submenu with several items. For date columns I'd
      > like to use YUI
      > calendar widget.
      >
      > The way I did is to add an item to the submenu like
      > "Start Date:" and
      > to this item, do like this:
      >
      > filterMenuArguments = new
      > YAHOO.widget.MenuItem("Start Date:");
      > var divContainer = document.createElement('div');
      > divContainer.setAttribute('id','myCalendarName');

      filterMenuArguments.element.appendChild(divContainer);

      > Then instantiate the calendar as
      >
      > myCalendar = new

      YAHOO.widget.Calendar('myCalendar','myCalendarName').