Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: An error in IE - Datatable 2.6.0

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2009
      You don't need to use the YUI Loader when using the dependency
      configurator. The configurator gives you the options for both, with and
      without YUI Loader. You are not using the Loader correctly and, anyway,
      you don't need to use it so I don't think you will care at this point to
      fix it. Just go to the configurator and ask for the option to "Load
      Script and CSS Directly" and put those <script> and <link> tags into
      your code, right where you had the original ones.

      Satyam

    • Daniel Ferreira Menezes
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
        Satyam, i change my code to use direct load:
        http://servirpython.appspot.com/

        In firefox work fine, but in IE get this error[1].

        [1] - http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5678/ieyui4iq7.png

        Any ideas? Thanks!

        > You don't need to use the YUI Loader when using the dependency
        > configurator. The configurator gives you the options for both, with
        and
        > without YUI Loader. You are not using the Loader correctly and,
        anyway,
        > you don't need to use it so I don't think you will care at this
        point to
        > fix it. Just go to the configurator and ask for the option to "Load
        > Script and CSS Directly" and put those <script> and <link> tags into
        > your code, right where you had the original ones.
        >
        > Satyam
        >

        > Daniel Ferreira Menezes wrote:
        > > Satyam, i change my code to use the dependency configurator:
        > >
        > > http://servirpython.appspot.com/
        > >
        > > But, in IE, get this error[1]:
        > > 'YAHOO.util.Event' is null
        > >
        > > PS: Work fine in Firefox
        > >
        > > [1] - http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/600/ieyui3or7.png
        > >
        > > Any ideas?
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
        > >
        > >> You have some components loaded twice. utilities.js loads many
        > >> components in one go. Loading the same component twice produces
        > >> unpredictable results. Use the dependency configurator:
        > >>
        > >> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/?datatable#configure
        > >>
        > >> to make sure you have the right files, in the right order and
        with no
        > >> duplicates.
        > >>
        > >> The previous error was because in IE,
        > >>
        > >> alert([1,2,3,].length)
        > >>
        > >> will return 4, thus, that last comma you deleted made the DataTable
        > >>
        > > loop
        > >
        > >> through the column defs once more than it should have, finding
        nothing
        > >> there.
        > >>
        > >> Satyam

        > > datatable-min.js:

        > > 02/01/2009 13:10

        03/01/2009 14:14

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
          I tried the application in Firefox and it works, and I don't have any
          good tools for IE, so I can't help

          The screen capture is meaningless. When you want to make sense of a
          breakpoint such as you show here, do not use the minified files. There
          are three versions you can choose, the -debug, -min and 'raw'. The -min
          is good for production since it is the shortest, the -debug is the best
          for debugging and much better if you create a logger instance because it
          is going to show you any problem it encounters. The -raw version
          doesn't do any logging but, at least, you can read it and know what's
          going on.

        • Daniel Ferreira Menezes
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
            Satyam, i found error... because i'm not close tag table:

            to work in IE, i changed to:

            Thanks.

            > I tried the application in Firefox and it works, and I don't have any
            > good tools for IE, so I can't help
            >
            > The screen capture is meaningless. When you want to make sense of a
            > breakpoint such as you show here, do not use the minified files. There
            > are three versions you can choose, the -debug, -min and 'raw'. The
            -min
            > is good for production since it is the shortest, the -debug is the best
            > for debugging and much better if you create a logger instance
            because it
            > is going to show you any problem it encounters. The -raw version
            > doesn't do any logging but, at least, you can read it and know what's
            > going on.
            >
            > Satyam
            >

            > Daniel Ferreira Menezes wrote:
            > > Satyam, i change my code to use direct load:
            > > http://servirpython.appspot.com/
            > >
            > > In firefox work fine, but in IE get this error[1].
            > >
            > > [1] - http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5678/ieyui4iq7.png
            > >

            > > Any ideas? Thanks!
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
            > >
            > >> You don't need to use the YUI Loader when using the dependency
            > >> configurator. The configurator gives you the options for both, with
            > >>
            > > and
            > >
            > >> without YUI Loader. You are not using the Loader correctly and,
            > >>
            > > anyway,
            > >
            > >> you don't need to use it so I don't think you will care at this
            > >>
            > > point to
            > >
            > >> fix it. Just go to the configurator and ask for the option to "Load
            > >> Script and CSS Directly" and put those <script> and <link> tags into
            > >> your code, right where you had the original ones.
            > >>
            > >> Satyam

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/?datatable#configure

            > > with no

            > > nothing