Re: Data Filtering client side on datatable

  • lou_tribal
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
      I have created a datasource extension that allows filtering on many fields/conditions using a serie of predicates that are sequentially evaluated. For a data to be returned all the specified predicates need to be verified.
      I do not pretend that it is perfect but I think it would be a convenient way to filter data.
      I will be happy to share the code with you if you think it would be of any value.

      <

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
      > phoebebright@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups. Have
      > > been trying to based it on the example here:
      > > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
      > >
      > > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
      > > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
      > > datatables that I could learn from?
      > >

      > Example for DataTable version 2.6.0
      > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html
      >
      > Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2
      > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html
      >
      > Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
      > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html
      >
      > The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
      > about it, I'm sure.
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      > Luke

    • Lucas Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
        lou_tribal,

        By all means, share! It's always good to see how people address their
        coding challenges.

        Luke

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lou_tribal" <lou_tribal@...>
        wrote:

        > I have created a datasource extension that allows filtering on many
        > fields/conditions using a serie of predicates that are sequentially
        > evaluated. For a data to be returned all the specified predicates need
        > to be verified.
        > I do not pretend that it is perfect but I think it would be a convenient
        > way to filter data.
        > I will be happy to share the code with you if you think it would be of
        > any value.
        >
        > <
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
        > > phoebebright@ wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups.
        > Have
        > > > been trying to based it on the example here:
        > > > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
        > > >
        > > > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
        > > > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
        > > > datatables that I could learn from?
        > > >

        > > Example for DataTable version 2.6.0

        http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.h\
        > tml
        > >
        > > Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2

        http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.h\
        > tml
        > >
        > > Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
        > >
        > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html
        > >
        > > The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
        > > about it, I'm sure.
        > >
        > > Hope this helps,
        > > Luke

      • lou_tribal
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
          You can find my datasource extension at the following url (sorry for
          the poor quality of the site it is some work in progress):

          http://helioswiki.helios-technologies.com/?page_id=35

          The zip file contains an html page as example and the needed js files.
          I am sure it can be far enhanced so don't hesitate to give me your
          input on that.

          <