Re: Data Filtering client side on datatable

  • Lucas Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
      <phoebebright@...> wrote:

      > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups. Have
      > been trying to based it on the example here:
      > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
      >
      > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
      > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
      > datatables that I could learn from?

      Example for DataTable version 2.6.0
      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html

      Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2
      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html

      Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html

      The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
      about it, I'm sure.

      Hope this helps,
      Luke
    • lou_tribal
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        I have created a datasource extension that allows filtering on many fields/conditions using a serie of predicates that are sequentially evaluated. For a data to be returned all the specified predicates need to be verified.
        I do not pretend that it is perfect but I think it would be a convenient way to filter data.
        I will be happy to share the code with you if you think it would be of any value.

        &lt;

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
        > phoebebright@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups. Have
        > > been trying to based it on the example here:
        > > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
        > >
        > > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
        > > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
        > > datatables that I could learn from?
        > >

        > Example for DataTable version 2.6.0
        > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html
        >
        > Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2
        > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html
        >
        > Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
        > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html
        >
        > The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
        > about it, I'm sure.
        >
        > Hope this helps,
        > Luke

      • Lucas Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
          lou_tribal,

          By all means, share! It's always good to see how people address their
          coding challenges.

          Luke

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lou_tribal" <lou_tribal@...>
          wrote:

          > I have created a datasource extension that allows filtering on many
          > fields/conditions using a serie of predicates that are sequentially
          > evaluated. For a data to be returned all the specified predicates need
          > to be verified.
          > I do not pretend that it is perfect but I think it would be a convenient
          > way to filter data.
          > I will be happy to share the code with you if you think it would be of
          > any value.
          >
          > <
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
          > > phoebebright@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups.
          > Have
          > > > been trying to based it on the example here:
          > > > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
          > > >
          > > > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
          > > > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
          > > > datatables that I could learn from?
          > > >

          > > Example for DataTable version 2.6.0

          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.h\
          > tml
          > >
          > > Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2

          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.h\
          > tml
          > >
          > > Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
          > >
          > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html
          > >
          > > The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
          > > about it, I'm sure.
          > >
          > > Hope this helps,
          > > Luke

        • lou_tribal
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
            You can find my datasource extension at the following url (sorry for
            the poor quality of the site it is some work in progress):

            http://helioswiki.helios-technologies.com/?page_id=35

            The zip file contains an html page as example and the needed js files.
            I am sure it can be far enhanced so don't hesitate to give me your
            input on that.

            <