Re: YUI Menu Button functionality from a link?

  • cjavajim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "markrobertedward"
      <markrobertedward@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I was wondering if it would be easily achievable to have a YUI menu
      > drop down from an <a href... tag, rather than from a button?
      >
      > If not, what would the best approach to achieving this be? To re-skin a
      > menu button to look like a link? i.e. Removing the border and
      > background images? (I did try this, but with no success, so perhaps i
      > need to look into re-skinning more)
      >
      > Any tips on the simplest way to achieve this would be much appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mark

      Mark;

      Consider capturing the onmouseOver (or onClick) of the hyperlink, and
      instantiating the menu in one of those functions. You'll probably have
      to hide the menu after one of the items has been selected.
    • tedster_uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
        Agh! I've now realised I was getting too hung up on the menu-button,
        and should have gone straight to the menu object itself.

        This example easily allowed me to add a yui menu to a link, by simply
        replacing the button in the example with a <a href... link.

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example02.html

        Many thanks for the help.