Data Filtering client side on datatable

  • phoebebright310
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
      Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups. Have
      been trying to based it on the example here:
      http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering

      But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
      written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
      datatables that I could learn from?
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        Someone asked for an update to Victor's DataView recently and there was
        no answer to that one so I assume there is none. I don't remember
        seeing Victor around for quite some time. The first big update that
        made substantial changes to DataTable and broke some old code was 2.6
        and most of the changes are documented in the upgrade notes:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#upgrade

        Most of them are related to Paginator and inline cell editing, which are
        not relevant to this example. Leaving those out, I think there might
        not be that many changes you need to do to get it right.

        Please, let us know how it goes.

        Satyam

        phoebebright310 wrote:
        > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups. Have
        > been trying to based it on the example here:
        > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
        >
        > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
        > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
        > datatables that I could learn from?

      • Lucas Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
          <phoebebright@...> wrote:

          > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups. Have
          > been trying to based it on the example here:
          > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
          >
          > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
          > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
          > datatables that I could learn from?

          Example for DataTable version 2.6.0
          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html

          Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2
          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html

          Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html

          The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
          about it, I'm sure.

          Hope this helps,
          Luke
        • lou_tribal
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
            I have created a datasource extension that allows filtering on many fields/conditions using a serie of predicates that are sequentially evaluated. For a data to be returned all the specified predicates need to be verified.
            I do not pretend that it is perfect but I think it would be a convenient way to filter data.
            I will be happy to share the code with you if you think it would be of any value.

            &lt;

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
            > phoebebright@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups. Have
            > > been trying to based it on the example here:
            > > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
            > >
            > > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
            > > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
            > > datatables that I could learn from?
            > >

            > Example for DataTable version 2.6.0
            > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html
            >
            > Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2
            > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.html
            >
            > Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
            > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html
            >
            > The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
            > about it, I'm sure.
            >
            > Hope this helps,
            > Luke

          • Lucas Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
              lou_tribal,

              By all means, share! It's always good to see how people address their
              coding challenges.

              Luke

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lou_tribal" <lou_tribal@...>
              wrote:

              > I have created a datasource extension that allows filtering on many
              > fields/conditions using a serie of predicates that are sequentially
              > evaluated. For a data to be returned all the specified predicates need
              > to be verified.
              > I do not pretend that it is perfect but I think it would be a convenient
              > way to filter data.
              > I will be happy to share the code with you if you think it would be of
              > any value.
              >
              > <
              >
              > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "phoebebright310"
              > > phoebebright@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Am looking to do client side filtering using a number of popups.
              > Have
              > > > been trying to based it on the example here:
              > > > http://ajaxian.com/archives/yui-datatable-with-row-filtering
              > > >
              > > > But can't get his code to work and suspect it is because it was
              > > > written for 2.2.2. Anyone know of other examples of filtering
              > > > datatables that I could learn from?
              > > >

              > > Example for DataTable version 2.6.0

              http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.h\
              > tml
              > >
              > > Similar example for DataTable 2.5.2

              http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/filter_func_pag.h\
              > tml
              > >
              > > Select box based example for DataTable 2.5.1
              > >
              > http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html
              > >
              > > The premise is the same, though it's certainly not the only way to go
              > > about it, I'm sure.
              > >
              > > Hope this helps,
              > > Luke

            • lou_tribal
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
                You can find my datasource extension at the following url (sorry for
                the poor quality of the site it is some work in progress):

                http://helioswiki.helios-technologies.com/?page_id=35

                The zip file contains an html page as example and the needed js files.
                I am sure it can be far enhanced so don't hesitate to give me your
                input on that.

                <