yui tooltips and IE

  • Jason Brett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      I am having an issue with tooltips. THey work perfectly in Firefox,
      but with IE I get the tool tip, but I notice that the vertical
      scrollbar on the right seems to be moving and add blank space is
      added to the bottom of my page. I am not sure what is going on , so
      any insight would be helpfull.

      Thanks

      here is the code that I am using

      <script type="text/javascript">
      YAHOO.namespace("example.container");
      var contextPhoneElements = [];
      contextPhoneElements=
      ["phoneTipId", "faxTipId", "supervisorTipId", "pmTipId"];
      YAHOO.example.container.init = function() {
      var ttB = new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip
      ("urlToolTipId", {

      context:contextPhoneElements,text:'<spring:message
      code="phone.tooltip.ps"/>',effect:
      {effect:YAHOO.widget.ContainerEffect.FADE,duration:0.5}
      });
      var emailTT = new
      YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("emailTT", {
      context:"emailTipId",
      text:'<spring:message code="email.tooltip.ps"/>',effect:
      {effect:YAHOO.widget.ContainerEffect.FADE,duration:0.5}
      });
      var contextPasswordElements = [];
      contextPhoneElements=
      ["passwordTipId", "confirmPasswordTipId",];
      var emailTT = new
      YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("passwordTT", {

      context:contextPhoneElements, text:'<spring:message
      code="password.tooltip.ps"/>',effect:
      {effect:YAHOO.widget.ContainerEffect.FADE,duration:0.5}
      });
      }

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load",
      YAHOO.example.container.init);
      </script>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
        The first thing to check when something works in Firefox and not in IE
        is if for commas in an array, as you do in:

        contextPhoneElements=
        ["passwordTipId", "confirmPasswordTipId",];

        IE doesn't like that last comma before the bracket. Check for others, I
        didn't.

        Satyam