Grouped YUI Datatable

  • brian17500
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
      Can anyone suggest a good method for making a datatable that is
      "grouped" in the sense that there's one header, then several groups of
      rows? I'd like each group to sort when the corresponding header cell
      is clicked, and when a header cell is resized, it should resize all
      the cells of each group.

      Thanks,
      Brian
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
        http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/#grouping

        brian17500 wrote:
        > Can anyone suggest a good method for making a datatable that is
        > "grouped" in the sense that there's one header, then several groups of
        > rows? I'd like each group to sort when the corresponding header cell
        > is clicked, and when a header cell is resized, it should resize all
        > the cells of each group.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brian

      • brian17500
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
          Thanks for the link. This does accomplish grouping, but a requirement
          which I didn't mention is the ability to put custom HTML between each
          "group". So lets say this is a table of tasks. I need an upcoming
          and a completed group. There would be a header element above each
          group saying what the title of this group of cells is. But you could
          sort and resize the columns using the shared headers. Is there any
          way to do this?

          - Brian

          > http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/#grouping
          >
          > brian17500 wrote:
          > > Can anyone suggest a good method for making a datatable that is
          > > "grouped" in the sense that there's one header, then several
          groups of
          > > rows? I'd like each group to sort when the corresponding header
          cell
          > > is clicked, and when a header cell is resized, it should resize
          all
          > > the cells of each group.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Brian

          01/01/2009 17:01

        • atsuper@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 24 3:44 PM
            Hi, I've written a basic extension to support grouping in the YUI data table:

            http://antscode.blogspot.com/2009/08/row-grouping-for-yui-data-table.html

            Anthony.