Re: refreshData

  • oglesys
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
      Yes, that's correct.

      Do we know roughly when this patch will be released by then ? You
      mention "by the end of the year" in your post, but this date has
      already passed ?

      If I know roughly how long it will take for the official fix, then I
      will know if I can wait for it or just go ahead and fix it myself..

      Regards,
      OGLES
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
      > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
      solution
      > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
      > be available in the next release.
      >
      > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Tripp
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the
      y-
      > > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new
      co-
      > > ordinates are added..
      > >
      > > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having
      added
      > > new co-ordinates ?
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > OGLES

    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        oglesys,

        The next release of the YUI 2.x codeline is planned for February 2009.

        -Eric

        wrote:

        > Hi,
        > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
        > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ ydn-javascript/ message/41443
        > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
        solution
        > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
        > be available in the next release.
        >
        > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tripp
        > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "oglesys" <oglesys@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the
        y-
        > > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new
        co-
        > > ordinates are added..
        > >
        > > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having
        added
        > > new co-ordinates ?
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > OGLES

      • oglesys
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
          Any update on this yet ?

          Regards,
          OGLES

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
          wrote:

          > oglesys,
          >
          > The next release of the YUI 2.x codeline is planned for February
          2009.

          > -Eric
          >

          > On Jan 2, 2009, at 10:04 AM, oglesys wrote:
          >
          > > Yes, that's correct.
          > >
          > > Do we know roughly when this patch will be released by then ? You
          > > mention "by the end of the year" in your post, but this date has
          > > already passed ?
          > >
          > > If I know roughly how long it will take for the official fix,
          then I
          > > will know if I can wait for it or just go ahead and fix it
          myself..

          > > Regards,
          > > OGLES
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi,
          > > > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
          > > > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
          > > solution
          > > > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix
          will
          > > > be available in the next release.
          > > >
          > > > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > > Tripp
          > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@>

          > > y-
          > > co-

          > > added

        • tripp.bridges
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
            The bug fix is currently checked-in to git if you would like to check
            it out early. A production release will be available later in the month.