Re: refreshData

  • tripp.bridges
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
      It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
      At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only solution
      is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
      be available in the next release.

      If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.

      Thanks,
      Tripp
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@...> wrote:

      > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the y-
      > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new co-
      > ordinates are added..
      >
      > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having added
      > new co-ordinates ?
      >
      > Regards,
      > OGLES

    • oglesys
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        Yes, that's correct.

        Do we know roughly when this patch will be released by then ? You
        mention "by the end of the year" in your post, but this date has
        already passed ?

        If I know roughly how long it will take for the official fix, then I
        will know if I can wait for it or just go ahead and fix it myself..

        Regards,
        OGLES
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
        > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
        solution
        > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
        > be available in the next release.
        >
        > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tripp
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the
        y-
        > > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new
        co-
        > > ordinates are added..
        > >
        > > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having
        added
        > > new co-ordinates ?
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > OGLES

      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
          oglesys,

          The next release of the YUI 2.x codeline is planned for February 2009.

          -Eric

          wrote:

          > Hi,
          > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
          > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ ydn-javascript/ message/41443
          > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
          solution
          > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
          > be available in the next release.
          >
          > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Tripp
          > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "oglesys" <oglesys@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the
          y-
          > > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new
          co-
          > > ordinates are added..
          > >
          > > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having
          added
          > > new co-ordinates ?
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > OGLES

        • oglesys
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
            Any update on this yet ?

            Regards,
            OGLES

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
            wrote:

            > oglesys,
            >
            > The next release of the YUI 2.x codeline is planned for February
            2009.

            > -Eric
            >

            > On Jan 2, 2009, at 10:04 AM, oglesys wrote:
            >
            > > Yes, that's correct.
            > >
            > > Do we know roughly when this patch will be released by then ? You
            > > mention "by the end of the year" in your post, but this date has
            > > already passed ?
            > >
            > > If I know roughly how long it will take for the official fix,
            then I
            > > will know if I can wait for it or just go ahead and fix it
            myself..

            > > Regards,
            > > OGLES
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
            > > > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
            > > solution
            > > > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix
            will
            > > > be available in the next release.
            > > >
            > > > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Tripp
            > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@>

            > > y-
            > > co-

            > > added

          • tripp.bridges
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
              The bug fix is currently checked-in to git if you would like to check
              it out early. A production release will be available later in the month.