YUI Menu Button functionality from a link?

  • markrobertedward
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
      Hi all,

      I was wondering if it would be easily achievable to have a YUI menu
      drop down from an <a href... tag, rather than from a button?

      If not, what would the best approach to achieving this be? To re-skin a
      menu button to look like a link? i.e. Removing the border and
      background images? (I did try this, but with no success, so perhaps i
      need to look into re-skinning more)

      Any tips on the simplest way to achieve this would be much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Mark
    • cjavajim
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "markrobertedward"
        <markrobertedward@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I was wondering if it would be easily achievable to have a YUI menu
        > drop down from an <a href... tag, rather than from a button?
        >
        > If not, what would the best approach to achieving this be? To re-skin a
        > menu button to look like a link? i.e. Removing the border and
        > background images? (I did try this, but with no success, so perhaps i
        > need to look into re-skinning more)
        >
        > Any tips on the simplest way to achieve this would be much appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mark

        Mark;

        Consider capturing the onmouseOver (or onClick) of the hyperlink, and
        instantiating the menu in one of those functions. You'll probably have
        to hide the menu after one of the items has been selected.
      • tedster_uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
          Agh! I've now realised I was getting too hung up on the menu-button,
          and should have gone straight to the menu object itself.

          This example easily allowed me to add a yui menu to a link, by simply
          replacing the button in the example with a <a href... link.

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example02.html

          Many thanks for the help.