refreshData

  • oglesys
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
      The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the y-
      value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new co-
      ordinates are added..

      Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having added
      new co-ordinates ?

      Regards,
      OGLES
    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
        At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only solution
        is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
        be available in the next release.

        If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.

        Thanks,
        Tripp
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@...> wrote:

        > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the y-
        > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new co-
        > ordinates are added..
        >
        > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having added
        > new co-ordinates ?
        >
        > Regards,
        > OGLES

      • oglesys
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
          Yes, that's correct.

          Do we know roughly when this patch will be released by then ? You
          mention "by the end of the year" in your post, but this date has
          already passed ?

          If I know roughly how long it will take for the official fix, then I
          will know if I can wait for it or just go ahead and fix it myself..

          Regards,
          OGLES
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
          > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
          solution
          > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
          > be available in the next release.
          >
          > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Tripp
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the
          y-
          > > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new
          co-
          > > ordinates are added..
          > >
          > > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having
          added
          > > new co-ordinates ?
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > OGLES

        • Eric Miraglia
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
            oglesys,

            The next release of the YUI 2.x codeline is planned for February 2009.

            -Eric

            wrote:

            > Hi,
            > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
            > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ ydn-javascript/ message/41443
            > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
            solution
            > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix will
            > be available in the next release.
            >
            > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Tripp
            > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "oglesys" <oglesys@> wrote:
            > >
            > > The Chart Control refreshData method seems to only like when the
            y-
            > > value of the current data set is changed. Goes ballistic when new
            co-
            > > ordinates are added..
            > >
            > > Is there any way to dynamically update the chart after having
            added
            > > new co-ordinates ?
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > OGLES

          • oglesys
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
              Any update on this yet ?

              Regards,
              OGLES

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
              wrote:

              > oglesys,
              >
              > The next release of the YUI 2.x codeline is planned for February
              2009.

              > -Eric
              >

              > On Jan 2, 2009, at 10:04 AM, oglesys wrote:
              >
              > > Yes, that's correct.
              > >
              > > Do we know roughly when this patch will be released by then ? You
              > > mention "by the end of the year" in your post, but this date has
              > > already passed ?
              > >
              > > If I know roughly how long it will take for the official fix,
              then I
              > > will know if I can wait for it or just go ahead and fix it
              myself..

              > > Regards,
              > > OGLES
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi,
              > > > It sounds like this may be related to the bug discussed here.
              > > > At this point, outside of re-compiling the SWF code, the only
              > > solution
              > > > is to load a new chart. This issue has been addressed and a fix
              will
              > > > be available in the next release.
              > > >
              > > > If I am misunderstanding your issue, please clarify.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Tripp
              > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "oglesys" <oglesys@>

              > > y-
              > > co-

              > > added

            • tripp.bridges
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
                The bug fix is currently checked-in to git if you would like to check
                it out early. A production release will be available later in the month.