Re: datatable error handling

  • Apoorva Singh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
      thanks a lot Jenny, that did help. an clues about customizing the
      'data error' message?

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#config_MSG_ERROR

        Apoorva Singh wrote:
        > thanks a lot Jenny, that did help. an clues about customizing the
        > 'data error' message?
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jennykhan" <jennyhan@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi Apoorva,
        >>
        >> You should explore defining custom CSS to change the width of the
        >> message area:
        >>
        >> // Recommended
        >> .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt-empty {width:40em;}
        >>
        >> // Pixel-defined widths are not a best practice
        >> .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt-empty {width:150px;}
        >>
        >> // May not be supported in all cases, please test for your
        >> implementation
        >> .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt table {width:60em;}
        >> .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt-empty {width:100%;}
        >>
        >> Hope that helps,
        >> Jenny
        >>

        >> --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Apoorva Singh"
        >> <apoorva.singh@> wrote:
        >>
        >>> posting this again, apparently the experts missed this:
        >>>
        >>> sometimes the json that comes back (e.g. an empty list)
        >>> leads to a data error in the table.
        >>>
        >>> the problem is this "data error" message screws up the table
        >>>
        >> width. so
        >>
        >>> the table is reduced to the width of "data error" message string
        >>>
        >> and
        >>
        >>> its ugly like hell.
        >>>
        >>> is there a way to customize the "Data Error" message and maintain
        >>>
        >> the
        >>
        >>> width of the table when an error happens??
        >>>
        >>> I tried changing the failureHandler of the callback but looks like
        >>>
        >> its
        >>
        >>> for something else, heres what i tried:
        >>>
        >>> var myFailureHandler = function() {
        >>> this.showTableMessage("<div style="width:300">Nothing
        >>> found!</div>", YAHOO.widget.DataTable.CLASS_ERROR);
        >>>
        >>> appreciate assistance..

      • Apoorva Singh
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
          Satyam, you are the savior...
          i did try removing MSG_ERROR from the failure handler, for some weird
          reason i dint try changing...stupid of me! thanks again..

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#config_MSG_ERROR