Autocomplete with LDAP

  • Mark Ireland
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
      Is there an example how to use LDAP in conjunction with
      AutoComplete control ?

      Find your ideal job with SEEK Time for change?
    • raul_p0pescu
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
        There's an example of autocomplete usage with HttpHandler at
        http://yuiasp.net/livedemo/AutoComplete/AutoComplete_RemoteData.aspx

        Nothing with WebServices yet, but will be added in the future.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "merav_tomer" <hanantomer@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Is there an example how to use .net web service in conjunction with
        > AutoComplete control ?

      • Alexandros Vellis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
          On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:05:16 +1100
          Mark Ireland <markincuba@...> wrote:

          > Is there an example how to use LDAP in conjunction with
          >
          > AutoComplete control ?

          This is entirely a server-based issue. And we don't even know what
          _language_ you use server-side! :-)

          If you use PHP server-side, there are plenty of LDAP code examples to
          get you around. Just make sure that in the server side, after you do
          the search, you send over just what you need to the client-side. The
          basic remote data example should get you started:
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ac_basic_xhr.html

          HTH,

          --
          Alexandros Vellis
          National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
            Thanks Raul.
            This was finally the direction which led to a solution.
            For the record, enclosed the handler code:

            public void ProcessRequest (HttpContext context)
            {
            string query = context.Request.Params [ 1 ];
            string callback = context.Request.Params [ 2 ];

            DataContractJsonSerializer ser = new
            DataContractJsonSerializer( typeof( Suggestion[] ) );
            MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();

            Suggestion [ ] suggestionArr = QueryManager.LoadSuggestions(
            query );

            ser.WriteObject( ms , suggestionArr );

            string json = System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetString
            (ms.ToArray());

            string start =
            "{\"ResultSet\":{\"Result\":";

            string end = "}}";

            string res =
            string.Format( "{0}({1}{2}{3})" , callback , start,
            json.Trim(), end);

            context.Response.ContentType = "text/plain";

            context.Response.Write(res);
            }

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "raul_p0pescu"