YUI Uploader: Coldfusion backend requirements

  • jackwelde
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
      I'm trying to implement YUI Uploader on a Coldfusion application. I've used the example
      code from example "Simple Uploader Example With Button UI", served from my server.

      When I select a file and upload it, it appears to be working -- the progress indicator displays
      as though the file is being uploaded to my server. However, I can't seem to locate the
      uploaded file anywhere -- it doesn't appear in the usual temporary directory, etc.

      I'm also not sure what's required to intercept the file and move it to my desired location via
      CFFile. I've tried creating a new template called upload.cfm which uses CFFile to upload the
      file, but it doesn't seem to work.

      Can someone who has implemented YUI Uploader on Coldfusion please provide some help?

      Thanks!
    • Alexandros Vellis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2009
        On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 22:04:53 -0000
        "jackwelde" <jw.merchant@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to implement YUI Uploader on a Coldfusion application.
        > I've used the example code from example "Simple Uploader Example With
        > Button UI", served from my server.
        >
        > When I select a file and upload it, it appears to be working -- the
        > progress indicator displays as though the file is being uploaded to
        > my server. However, I can't seem to locate the uploaded file
        > anywhere -- it doesn't appear in the usual temporary directory, etc.

        Check your server logs; try to determine which coldfusion script is
        actually handling your upload and what it does with it.

        Bear in mind: the fact that the progress indicator works, means that
        the HTTP POST on the client side is working. What is done in the server
        is a completely different deal. It could even be a "404 file not
        found"! (If you were not using a path relative to uploader.swf ;-) )

        I don't know _anything_ about coldfusion, but the Flash uploader should
        work exactly like a plain HTML-forms POST uploader, with the added
        "known limitations" described in YUI uploader's documentation. For
        instance, if you use cookie-based authentication in your app, then you
        will need to pass document.cookie in your form variables, etc. etc.

        If all else fails, try asking in Coldfusion forums.

        --
        Alexandros Vellis
        National and Kapodistrian University of Athens