Autocomplete with .net web service

  • merav_tomer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
      Is there an example how to use .net web service in conjunction with
      AutoComplete control ?
    • Mark Ireland
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
        Is there an example how to use LDAP in conjunction with
        AutoComplete control ?

        Find your ideal job with SEEK Time for change?
      • raul_p0pescu
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
          There's an example of autocomplete usage with HttpHandler at
          http://yuiasp.net/livedemo/AutoComplete/AutoComplete_RemoteData.aspx

          Nothing with WebServices yet, but will be added in the future.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "merav_tomer" <hanantomer@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          > Is there an example how to use .net web service in conjunction with
          > AutoComplete control ?

        • Alexandros Vellis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
            On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:05:16 +1100
            Mark Ireland <markincuba@...> wrote:

            > Is there an example how to use LDAP in conjunction with
            >
            > AutoComplete control ?

            This is entirely a server-based issue. And we don't even know what
            _language_ you use server-side! :-)

            If you use PHP server-side, there are plenty of LDAP code examples to
            get you around. Just make sure that in the server side, after you do
            the search, you send over just what you need to the client-side. The
            basic remote data example should get you started:
            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ac_basic_xhr.html

            HTH,

            --
            Alexandros Vellis
            National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
              Thanks Raul.
              This was finally the direction which led to a solution.
              For the record, enclosed the handler code:

              public void ProcessRequest (HttpContext context)
              {
              string query = context.Request.Params [ 1 ];
              string callback = context.Request.Params [ 2 ];

              DataContractJsonSerializer ser = new
              DataContractJsonSerializer( typeof( Suggestion[] ) );
              MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();

              Suggestion [ ] suggestionArr = QueryManager.LoadSuggestions(
              query );

              ser.WriteObject( ms , suggestionArr );

              string json = System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetString
              (ms.ToArray());

              string start =
              "{\"ResultSet\":{\"Result\":";

              string end = "}}";

              string res =
              string.Format( "{0}({1}{2}{3})" , callback , start,
              json.Trim(), end);

              context.Response.ContentType = "text/plain";

              context.Response.Write(res);
              }

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "raul_p0pescu"