Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Styling Text in TreeView

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
      cjavajim wrote:

      [...]
      > I opened treeview.css in an editor and added newlines to make it
      > somewhat readable.
      You can use treeview-skin.css which is un-compressed.

      You will find the uncompressed CSS files for any of the widgets not in
      the general assets folder: /build/assets/skins/sam but in the
      individual assets folder for each component:
      /build/treeview/assets/skins/sam

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
        User cjavajim is correct, the HTML parser does not read the classNames
        from the original markup. The tree is completely recreated, nothing of
        the original remains except for the bits explicitly read by the parser
        and recreated in the TreeView, classNames are not one of them.

        The best way to deal with styling issues is to use a Dom inspector a
        cjavajim well says. If you have Firebug over Firefox, you simply open
        Firebug, click on the Inspect tab and click on the element you want to
        style. Firebug will show you the current style plus all those that had
        been overridden by other declarations so it also gives you an idea of
        the full hierarchy of styles. You can also go up the HTML element
        hierarchy and see the styles and classNames of container elements.

        In your case, I see that classNames "assoc" and "cust" are at different
        levels in the hierarchy. The TreeView assigns a className
        "ygtvdepthNNN" to one of the elements that contain the text, where NNN
        is the level of the tree so you would have all nodes at the same level
        styled at once with a single declaration.

        Satyam

        cklester wrote:
        > I'm trying to add color and background-color styling to a treeview
        > list and it's not working as I expect.
        >
        > The following does not work:
        > <!-- this is in the header of course-->
        > #network_view ul li.assoc {color:blue;background-color:yellow;}
        > #network_view ul li.cust {color:green;}
        >
        > <!-- somewhere in the body-->
        > <ul>
        > <li class="assoc">Dangerously, Johnny