Re: different drop down options for each row in a dataTable

  • Andy Bui
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2008
      Hi hedibensaid,

      You can do that by get a reference to the dropdown control of each
      row and manipulate its values.

      Here is a sample function to get the reference of the dropdown from
      specified cell:

      function GetDropwdownFromCell(iDataTable,iRow,iCol)
      {
      var obj = {
      record:iRow,
      column:iCol
      };

      var td = iDataTable.getTdEl(obj);

      var dropdowns = td.getElementsByTagName("select");

      var dropdown;
      if(dropdowns.length>0)
      dropdown = dropdowns[0];

      return dropdown;
      }

      var dropdown = GetDropwdownFromCell(dt,row,col);

      Now you can manipulate the dropdown as needed
      // add new list of value
      dropdown.innerHTML="";//remove the default list if need

      // add new values
      var o = document.createElement("option");
      o.value="France";
      o.innerHTML = "France";
      dropdown.appendChild(o);

      // .. continue with other values

      Hope this help,

      Andy Bui

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "hedibensaid"

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2008
        The dropdown formatter cannot handle that, you will have to make your
        own formatter:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#format

        Satyam