Re: "extend" error from yahoo-dom-event.js

  • kammy_scorpi
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
      Yes, I was looking at that section, but I did not know that the order
      mattered !!
      Thanks a lot, now it works.

      On the same note, could you(anyone) please tell me what the following
      scripts are for:

      1)build/element/element-beta.js
      2)build/button/button.js
      3)build/container/container.js
      4)build/connection/connection.js

      Thanks again
      KJ

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lou_tribal" <lou_tribal@...>
      wrote:

      > One javascript file dependency is not loaded correctly.
      > You need to check your imported js files to ensure that all the needed
      > dependencies are imported in the correct order.
      > Look at http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/treeview/ in the getting
      > started section to see the list of needed files.
      >
      > <
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kammy_scorpi"
      > <kammy_scorpi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > newTree = YAHOO.widget.TreeView.getTree(inputTreeID);
      > >
      > > I keep getting this javascript error at the above line in my code.
      > > I am trying to get a handle to the tree with the id represented by the
      > > 'inputTreeID' variable.
      > >
      > > error: extend failed, please check all dependencies are included
      > >
      > > What am I doing wrong?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > KJ

    • lou_tribal
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
        • build/element/element-beta.js
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_element.html
        • build/button/button.js
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_button.html
        • build/container/container.js
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_container.html
        • build/connection/connection.js
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_connection.html
        Happy reading :)

        &lt;

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kammy_scorpi" <kammy_scorpi@...> wrote:

        > Yes, I was looking at that section, but I did not know that the order
        > mattered !!
        > Thanks a lot, now it works.
        >
        > On the same note, could you(anyone) please tell me what the following
        > scripts are for:
        >
        > 1)build/element/element-beta.js
        > 2)build/button/button.js
        > 3)build/container/container.js
        > 4)build/connection/connection.js
        >
        > Thanks again
        > KJ
        >

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lou_tribal" lou_tribal@
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > One javascript file dependency is not loaded correctly.
        > > You need to check your imported js files to ensure that all the needed
        > > dependencies are imported in the correct order.
        > > Look at http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/treeview/ in the getting
        > > started section to see the list of needed files.
        > >
        > > &lt;
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kammy_scorpi"
        > > <kammy_scorpi@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > newTree = YAHOO.widget.TreeView.getTree(inputTreeID);
        > > >
        > > > I keep getting this javascript error at the above line in my code.
        > > > I am trying to get a handle to the tree with the id represented by the
        > > > 'inputTreeID' variable.
        > > >
        > > > error: extend failed, please check all dependencies are included
        > > >
        > > > What am I doing wrong?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > > KJ

      • lou_tribal
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
          • build/element/element-beta.js
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_element.html
          • build/button/button.js
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_button.html
          • build/container/container.js
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_container.html
          • build/connection/connection.js
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/module_connection.html
          Happy reading :)

          &lt;

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kammy_scorpi" <kammy_scorpi@...> wrote:

          > Yes, I was looking at that section, but I did not know that the order
          > mattered !!
          > Thanks a lot, now it works.
          >
          > On the same note, could you(anyone) please tell me what the following
          > scripts are for:
          >
          > 1)build/element/element-beta.js
          > 2)build/button/button.js
          > 3)build/container/container.js
          > 4)build/connection/connection.js
          >
          > Thanks again
          > KJ
          >

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lou_tribal" lou_tribal@
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > One javascript file dependency is not loaded correctly.
          > > You need to check your imported js files to ensure that all the needed
          > > dependencies are imported in the correct order.
          > > Look at http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/treeview/ in the getting
          > > started section to see the list of needed files.
          > >
          > > &lt;
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kammy_scorpi"
          > > <kammy_scorpi@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > newTree = YAHOO.widget.TreeView.getTree(inputTreeID);
          > > >
          > > > I keep getting this javascript error at the above line in my code.
          > > > I am trying to get a handle to the tree with the id represented by the
          > > > 'inputTreeID' variable.
          > > >
          > > > error: extend failed, please check all dependencies are included
          > > >
          > > > What am I doing wrong?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > > KJ

        • Eric Miraglia
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 30, 2008
            KJ,

            YUI modules are used "a la carte," which allows you to use chunks of functionality without including the whole library.  Each of the files in your list contains a YUI module -- probably one that you're directly using or one that is a dependency of one of the modules required in your implementation.

            The best way to calculate your dependencies is to use the Configurator.  For YUI 2.x, that tool is here:

            The Configurator will return the dependencies you need, in the correct order, and gives you options including combining the scripts into a single file, loading the files from Yahoo or Google CDNs, etc.

            Regards,
            Eric

            wrote:

            > One javascript file dependency is not loaded correctly.
            > You need to check your imported js files to ensure that all the needed
            > dependencies are imported in the correct order.
            > Look at http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/treeview/ in the getting
            > started section to see the list of needed files.
            >
            > &lt;
            >
            > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "kammy_scorpi"
            > <kammy_scorpi@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > newTree = YAHOO.widget. TreeView. getTree(inputTre eID);
            > >
            > > I keep getting this javascript error at the above line in my code.
            > > I am trying to get a handle to the tree with the id represented by the
            > > 'inputTreeID' variable.
            > >
            > > error: extend failed, please check all dependencies are included
            > >
            > > What am I doing wrong?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > KJ

          • kammy_scorpi