YUI Grids vs. Vista's 120 DPI

  • illuminateddesigns
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2008
      As a follow up to my previous topic, through some round-a-bout
      research, it seems that the issue I was having of the YUI Grids not
      displaying correctly seemed to be stemming from any Vista machine
      running a 120 DPI resolution (or anything higher than 96 DPI for that
      matter). This causes IE to adopt that DPI rather than conform to the
      standard 96. Firefox on Vista does not have this issue because
      Firefox is not as integrated into the O/S as IE is.

      My question is, has anyone heard about the YUI team finding a way
      around this? I suppose it won't matter in the long run though, as IE8
      is supposed to conform to 96 DPI, no matter what the system settings are.

      I must say, I do find it ironic. YUI had finally resolved so many
      issues I had with cross-platform compatibility...and yet here comes
      another that is even harder to work around than the previous
      discrepancies!

      *grumbles at the lack of industry standards for the web community*
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2009
        hey,

        thanks for the update. I was thinking that perhaps DPI was at play.
        I'll take a look into it and see what's possible for a future release...

        Thanks,
        Nate